Historical Maps, showing the development of Marble Hall Road area, and formation /development of the County Intermediate School for Boys and Girls , built 1895/6, later to be renamed the Llanelli Boys’ Grammar School in 1945 , and the Llanelli Boys’ Grammar technical School in 1956 .See notation ,purple, ”1 ”. The Grammar School moved completely to a new site in Pwll, in 1960.
The Girls .alas, moved to a separate school in 1942/3 at an adjacent location at Coedcae – shown above in 4th Edition ,referenced ”Llwyn Bach School ”, again notated with purple ”1 ”.
Above 4th Edition/period – 1938-1954, followed below by 3rd Edition/period 1920- 1932, 2nd Edition/period 1899-1908 and bottom 1st Edition/period 1868-1892.
Of interest – note Llanelly Hospital appears, in the 2nd Edition/period – initial construction /development in the period 1899-1908
All maps courtesy of ”Peoples Collection Wales ”