Categories EVENTSEvents GalleriesPhoto ArchiveSchool History ( post 1895 )


Photo of the new Junior/lower  School of the Llanelly  Boy’ Grammar School ,opened September 1950.Construction commenced Summer 1948 .The Headmaster being T V Shaw. The ‘top’ school remained in Marble Hall Road. The whole School would occupy this site in 1960 and be officially opened on 3rd Nov 1960 by His Royal Highness Prince Phillip […]

Read More
Categories 1956-1968 Stanley G Rees1960 to 1969EVENTSEvents GalleriesNEWSPhoto ArchiveSchool History ( post 1895 )

Opening Ceremony by H.R.H. Prince Philip, 3rd Nov.1960

      Please click on  the heading ”Videos ” to view the film of the official opening of the School ,on the new site at Pwll, by His royal Highness Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. Headmaster was Mr. Stanley G Rees M.A.( appointed 1956). This new School replaced the original School built 1895 at […]

Read More
Categories 1950 to 1959School Magazines

Christmas 1959

     1959 Magazine        1959 Christmas We would thank Philip John, former pupil, and now Emeritus Professor, School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, who entered the school in 1956 for providing this school magazine for us to copy and add to the site.  Any former pupils who have school magazines or school photos, for […]

Read More