Historical Maps, showing the development of Marble Hall Road area, and formation /development of the County Intermediate School for Boys and Girls , built 1895/6, later to be renamed the Llanelli Boys’ Grammar School in 1945 , and the Llanelli Boys’ Grammar technical School in 1956 .See notation ,purple, ”1 ”. The Grammar School moved […]Read More
Category: School History ( post 1895 )
An Interview with Dr. Roger Thomas
Dr. Thomas was interviewed on November 11th at Llanelly House. A small group of former pupils attended a remembrance service at Elli Church where a wreath was placed on behalf of the association. .Read More
1895, First year of County Intermediate School, 60 on Roll, meeting in temporary school Athenium Buildings. Headmaster William Lewis,M.A.
Commemorative Magazine, ” Through the Years 1895 – 1977 ”
Llanelly Boys’ Grammar Technical School , Headmaster Mr. R.I Denis Jones, J.P., M.A. To read Magazine – please click on the ‘red’ print Commemorative Magazine 1895 – 1977 This 104 page Magazine , entitled ”Through The Years 1895-1977 ”published 1977, was produced to record the history and activities of the County Intermediate/Grammar/Grammar Technical School for […]Read More
LLANELLY INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL, LAYING OF FOUNDATION STONE, OCT.1896
Find below the link to the :- South Wales Daily News, dated 28th Oct 1896 Laying of the Foundation Stone for the new build of the Llanelly Intermediate School, at Marble Hall Road, Llanelly. The buildings are being erected on an extensive, elevated and sloping site in Marble Hall Road, opposite the Infirmary ,and […]Read More
THE NEW JUNIOR SECTION OF LLANELLI BOYS’ GRAMMAR SCHOOL,PWLL,OPENED SEPT.1950.
Photo of the new Junior/lower School of the Llanelly Boy’ Grammar School ,opened September 1950.Construction commenced Summer 1948 .The Headmaster being T V Shaw. The ‘top’ school remained in Marble Hall Road. The whole School would occupy this site in 1960 and be officially opened on 3rd Nov 1960 by His Royal Highness Prince Phillip […]Read More
Opening Ceremony by H.R.H. Prince Philip, 3rd Nov.1960
Please click on the heading ”Videos ” to view the film of the official opening of the School ,on the new site at Pwll, by His royal Highness Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. Headmaster was Mr. Stanley G Rees M.A.( appointed 1956). This new School replaced the original School built 1895 at […]Read More
Centenary Commemorative Booklet 1895 – 1995.
Centenary Commemorative Booklet The four stages of the school were:- The County Intermediate School for Boys 1895 – 1945 ; Llanelly Boys’ Grammar School 1945 – 1956 ; Llanelly Boys’ Grammar Technical School 1956 – 1977 ; Graig Comprehensive School 1977 – 1997 Headteachers during the 100 years were:- William Lewis, M.A. 1894/5 – 1916 […]Read More
The beginnings of Grammar School Education in Llanelli & District,1896,
1. THE BEGINNINGS OF INTERMEDIATE TECHNICAL EDUCATION FOR BOYS IN LLANELLIRead More